• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MadDawg's new fleet of M35A2s

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I went and did it again. Bid on and won 4 really sweet looking and running M35A2s at Chambersburg today! The bidding went a little higher than I expected, and more than a lot of the deuces there, but I inspected these and these were the cream of the crop this time around. All run like tops, all had turbos, no rust, great tires, lots of options, and great paint. Checked the brake systems, coolant systems and they were all spot on.

The rundown:

3949: soft top, 41K miles, spring seats left and right, GMA cover, heater, ran smooooooooth!

3951: soft top, 14K miles, recent 3-color camo paint, canvas cover

3957: soft top, 32 miles (!!!) on a new engine!, fiberglass troop seats, recent 3-color camo paint, heater

3964: best on the lot!, hard top, winch truck w/new cable, 30K miles, very pretty 3-color camo job w/o a scratch on it!, heater, spring seats left and right

I am tempted to keep 3964 as my keeper, it really is a sweet truck! Now to get the fleet home...

The pics:

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: MadDawg

Good hunting Mike and I hope that you get them all back to Virginia in good shape. Sounds like you need to recruit a drive a truck club and rent a minivan to take them up there and drive them all home. I'm in the process of getting an M 818 and will be driving it home too.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: MadDawg

Mike, your "keeper" 3964 looks to have a N/A LD motor looking at the exhaust in the picture posted above. Sure looks nice. You sure got the "Green Virus" bad.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, if you inspected then you noticed that 64 is a non-turbo truck (as mentioned above) and was brush painted. Check out the tops of the bed sides, tail gate and frame rails...they were not painted. Personally, I'd push that truck out the door as quickly as possible. I inspected in, too. I had absolutely no interest in that one. To each his/her own...

Good luck with the sales. The key to sales, however, is to try to avoid telling others what you've paid. They are more likely to pay more. With your advertising

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some of the nicer ones went a little higher than I expected, particularly 3964 which I had my eye on, but all were still good deals. Anyone else on here get trucks from 3147 in Chambersburg last night? Lots of "plain jane" runners that went cheap. Memphis probably bought 10 or more alone.

Glad to see some SS get a few at least.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, like I said, 3964 got a little higher than I wanted to, and I think I must have mixed up a note on my end about it having a turbo. Ugh. Oh well, I'm not perfect - guess that one will be finding a new home as well. It's still a good engine, ran real nice.

There were some plain janes that went for under $1K, that were runners and had rust issues, leaks, etc. They would be great for offroading or work trucks, no doubt. Lots of good stuff this auction and next as well.

Blake - yup, I was bidding on the tan 3965 as well, it was a great truck! But someone wanted it more than I did this time around.

AM30Y+ - I hear you on the M818, but I think if I bought the one you did, the ride home would necessitate a VERY long snorkel and at least a bed full of oxygen tanks! Make sure you post some pics of the recovery of that -818 when you get it.

ecostruction - I'm surprised that Memphis bought a bunch, last time I was there the owner told me that he had too many trucks and was calling in the scrappers to take some away. ???

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im willing to bet that the trucks Memphis is calling the scrappers on are very well picked over of parts. Scrap metal value of a turbo, $20? maybe? Memphis checked take off Turbo $500?

AMTAK

Here are some pics. of the trucks me and farmer ron got on the same two sales. The winch truck had air steering, the two strait trucks were solid and one ran and the tractor was a good deal for a winch truck. I hope it's not to cold when we got to pick up these trucks.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks