• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Main battery switch on 2.5 ton M35

Hi together,

I want to add a main battery switch as a safety measure and for other reasons.

I found a switch for marine applications with a crude removable plastic-key. The electrical properties of the switch are 100 amps sustained power and 500 amps peak. Would this be sufficient? Any thoughts on that?

Regards,
Mark

acetomatoco

Should be fine...but the WWII switch for tanks... pull and turn is is better looking and more capacity .. I was in Karlsruhe for 27 months in 64,5,6...Nice City...drive to Paris for the weekend..or take the train to Innsbruck...

Thanks for the input. I'll probably go for an original switch, we had those on our Bundeswehr vehicles, too. A little hard to find, though.

@ acetomato: I live in the former american housing community, "Paul Revere Village" / Smiley Barracks, here in Karlsruhe. I think during your time the 504th Signal Battalion was stationed here. Others probably, too. You probably know the houses from that time where we live now...
I think the deuce will feel right at home here ...

Cheers,
Mark

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I've used these switches with good results:

Pollak 51-316

I bought them through this distributor:

Wire Connections

Unkeyed versions are also available with lever-style knobs which look very similar to the on/off/start knobs used in many M-series trucks. These switches often show up on eBay... just search for "pollak switch".

One of these can be installed in the right rear corner of the M35 cab through the floor, so the key is inside the cab and the terminals are right above the battery box.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks