• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maintenance

Gunfreak25

Could you guys post your deuce maintenance routines?

-What motor oil your using
-What fluids your replacing and how much of each?
-Routine maintenance tips

My uncle and I might be driving up to a place in So Cal to pick up a deuce and we'd both like to get an idea as to how one performs standard maintenance on these beasts. I've read the Manuals, but would like your guys two cents.
He has a deuce as well, so the info will be quite useful to both of us. Appreciate any info you guys can give. I'd use the search engine, but this forum runs SLOW on my PC which makes surfing pages frustrating. -Tom

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Engine oil- 15w40 Shell Rotella
I change the engine oil every 5,000 miles or each year. I also grease the truck at every oil change or sooner if I've been in much water. It's probably not a bad idea to change all the fluids when you get a truck if it's been neglected or the prior service is unknown (GL trucks). Other than that all the other fluids (antifreeze, trans, t-case, axles) will last a long time if not contaminated.

Westex

I concur. I run 15W40 Rotella (regular Dino oil) in the Deuce. It seems to like it, 'cause it takes over 750 miles before it even looks brown on the dipstick, in other words, clear for a long time. In contrast, I run 15W40 Rotella full synthetic in my dodge Ram 3500 one ton, and it darkens up quicker. Long story made short, you won't go wrong with regular Rotella the smella in the Deuce. I also run NAPA GL-1 gear oil in all my running gear. Buy it at NAPA and it's fairly cheap by the 5 gallon bucket.

Gunfreak25

Just what I wanted to know, thanks for the help guys! Might score a deuce for $3000 or less, now it's all up to "the man" with the dough. :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks