• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Major score at the swap meet this weekend.

acesneights1

I went to the swap meet at Thompson speed way in CT and scored a like new MT28 starter for 30$ but better yet...A Snap ON MT1408 Digital timing/rpm meter WITH ALL the probes including the hard to find MT161 for the 6.2 for 60$. Snap On no longer makes the probes and there was 6 with the tool. This is the proper luminosity probe used to read rpms and set timing. The guy even worked for GM on 6.2's and showed me how to use it.
I already had the MT480(also shown) analog meter but the digital one is nicer and the probes work with either.

Attachments

richingalveston

been trying to find one around here to calibrate my tachometer module from Dakota digital, none of the local shops have anything to read RPM on the 6.2. If you start a tool rental company let me know. I wish I were closer, I would test you on how well you could use it on my truck, LOL.

Nice score

acesneights1

I don't know what any of that is, but it looks WAY cool.
It is basically a timing light for 6.2 diesels(probably an over simplified example) but basically the only way to truly time a 6.2 short of the original Kent Moore Luminosity probe but as pointed it can also be used to calibrate Tachometer install. The MT480's are not that hard to find but find one with working probes.

acesneights1

been trying to find one around here to calibrate my tachometer module from Dakota digital, none of the local shops have anything to read RPM on the 6.2. If you start a tool rental company let me know. I wish I were closer, I would test you on how well you could use it on my truck, LOL.

Nice score
find me a good job in Texas so I can get out of this armpit called Ct and you can borrow it anytime you want...:mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks