• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manifold flame heater

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was out in my deuce yesterday and when I stoped at the store and got out it was pouring fuel out of the engine compartment. Come to find out it was the supply line for the manifold heater. I managed to pinch it off with a pair of vice grips to get home. I'm wondering if I could just plug it off and do away with the heater? Will it hurt anything to plug it? It doesn't work anyway and it doesn't get cold enough here in TN to really need it and if I'd have had it pluged already I would'nt have been broke down on the side of the road.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The either start kit comes with the hardware necessary to remove and plug that fuel line at the IP. I think it uses a socket head pipe plug.(Allen wrench is used to fit in the tight location to tighten it up. Be sure to use fuel rated pipe dope(kit had pre-applied sealant on the plug)