• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manual Glow Plug and Alt. Fuel Ques.

Rebelpride

:deadhorse: I read the sticky about the manual glow plug switch. When the switch is installed will the glow plugs cycle like normal, and the switch just allows you to turn them back on for longer? My glow plugs are bass ackwards if its cold the "wait" light wont come on, but when its warm it will come on. New sensor or relay maybe? Wouldnt mind being able to cut the glow plugs on and off when I wanted as opposed to what the relays and sensors 'think'. Or does the switch install do exactly that.

Also since I got the deuce me and my pop have been planning on some alt. fuel, like WMO and ATF, my question is can you burn 50/50 diesel/WMO in a 6.2 w/o problems. Plan would be to run said fluids thru 10 micron water sep. filter then a 5 micron final filter before using. Wouldnt use any tranny fluid in the CUCV, just oil.

mangus580

I would suspect that the temp switch on the back of the drivers head is faulty, or the wrong one. you can bypass it, and the glow plugs will activate each time you turn the key on regardless (mine are currently like that)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks