• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manual Glow Plug Switch

Croatan_Kid

I wired one up yesterday on my lunch break at work. That's gotta be the best thing I've ever done for my truck! If I just turn the key on cold, the WAIT light comes on and goes off like it should, but the voltmeter stays the same leading me to believe my glow plugs weren't cycling like they should. Along with that you couldn't hear the relay clunking as it is a very noticable sound. Now when I hit the button, they definitely work and my truck starts a lot better and doesn't fog everybody out of the shop :roll: If you're thinking about doing it....just go ahead and do it, you'll definitely be glad you did.

The only thing I noticed is my WAIT light doesn't come on when I hit the button for them. I did just like the sticky says and tapped in the light blue wire going into the glow plug card. Maybe someone can enlighten me as to what I did wrong. It's not a major deal, but it'd be cool if the light worked.

mangus580

Does the wait light still come on on its own? If so, I would leave it. It gives you a good idea how long to hold the button.

Croatan_Kid

Yeah, on a cold start it'll come on for a few seconds like it's supposed to, but like I said the controller isn't turning them on. I reckon I'll just leave it alone.