• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Manual Transmision swap

10Extreme

I'm thinking of putting a manual transmission in my M1008. I've found a donor civilian 6.2L with the manual. I won't ask if it's possible because I know anything is possible with enough work and money. I haven't been able to find any posts on this, so I assume it's not an easy swap. Has anyone out there done this? Or can anyone think of stumbling points?

Marlboro

iI just did this on my truck, Not a cucv but still a chevy truck... the hardest part for me was switching the pedal assembly, i took out the single brake bracket and added the clutch/brake bracket. if you have a donor truck make sure you get everything z-bar, linkage,pedals,driveshafts, and of course trans. i have a 12 inch lift on mine so driveshafts were a pain but was able to find ones that worked without having ones made. also all the holes that will need cutting out on the floor should already be imprint on the floor (mine were) hope this helps. btw i'm very happy with my swap