• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

March AFB museum pics

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw her from the highway. I went around a building "I accidently on purpose went outside the visitor area" and found her. It is owned by someone. Had Historical veh tags...current...It had a DRMO sticker on the window. I just had to get some pics!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see a Pheaky Phantom in the back in the first pic. REAL nice bird. They were retired too early IMHO. The Israelis bought a bunch from us, upgraded them further than we did, and they blow the doors off anything we have to this day.

Got any more pics of the aircraft there?

TheBuggyman

bigmike said:
I saw her from the highway. I went around a building "I accidently on purpose went outside the visitor area" and found her. It is owned by someone. Had Historical veh tags...current...It had a DRMO sticker on the window. I just had to get some pics!
Okay BigMike, we heard you the first time! :lol:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The checkerboard scheme was designed that way to make it hard for a pilot/co-pilot to NOT see the Follow Me Jeep. There were also some WCs that were painted that way, but they are RARE RARE RARE! VPW had one sold a few years back that was an original WC with the original paint checkerboard pattern still present. Sold at a premium, and was bound to be restored by an airfield enthusiast, who said he'd keep the original paint scheme.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did see the follow me jeep. sorry about the extra posts...that's the result of a hard drive crashing just as you push the "submit" button.
I'll post a few more plane pics tonight.