• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Marine Combat tent quick look

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not seen much about these here or elsewhere, so I figured a quick review was in order. I was looking for some camping gear, as my son is about the age where camping will be a fun experience. I remember using shelter halfs back in my youth and I recall they were not that great. This 2 person tent should be a lot better. The size is just right for two adults and some gear. The tent itself is desert sand, with two styles of rain fly available, reversible desert sand/383 green or desert sand/woodland camoflage. I opted for the first. The bottom (floor) of the tent is a "bathtub" that supposedly keeps a gullywasher out. We will see. I have never even seen one of these, much less read the manual, but still was able to erect it in 15 minutes. Thumbs up from me. Available online auction site and sometimes GL's Uncle Sam.

Attachments

jacobsk

I'm a big fan of these tents. I've used them in both rain and snow and been able to keep myself and my gear reasonably dry.

One thing that I really like is how you can stake down the rain fly and create a space large enough to store a flak and ruck on each side safely out of the rain.