• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Marine Corp Rear Lifting Shackle Bracket

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have or knows who has the Marine Corp rear lifting shackle brackets for sale or trade? I've been looking for a set for my M-37. Are the brackets on the Deuces or 5 tons the same? Is anybody making new ones?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are rare as hen's teeth. They do not fit anything but M37's. Nobody is making them.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are rare as hen's teeth. They do not fit anything but M37's. Nobody is making them.
Well, popz76 had a set of the brackets and 1 shackle. Now I'm just looking for the shackle forgings and 1 more shackle.

I can't understand why someone doesn't start making these if they are so rare. They don't seem to be a particularly difficult part to make.

Oh well, off to find the shackle forgings :)

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speaking of the forgings and shackle, if anyone here knows of any, please let me know.

Thanks,

Storm 51

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
oh wow doesnt look like a hard part to make. maybe even cheaper than finding original ones

That was kind'a my thought. I work in an industry where we have to make a lot of little, odd metal parts. This didn't look too difficult at all.

I bet you could get the forgings for the shackles made pretty cheap too. The shackles also look pretty simple.

Might be worth pursuing if the demand is really there........

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry all,

I got confused by a couple of photos I was looking at, and I mistakenly thought the standard shackle forging at the back of the bed behind the bumperette was an additional part of the Marine Corp lifting shackle set up. Apparently I just need 1 more shackle.

Sorry for the confusion. :oops:

GUNNY 155

Just as a FYI. I picked mine up on ebay for a reasonable price, IE a little less than my welding guy was going to charge me to make them. But if anyone out there is interested I have a set of USMC drawings for the fabrication work to make them. It appears these were depot made additions, like the paper clips welded on to the front bumpers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks