• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Marine M813 wheel questions

I'm looking at purchasing a Marine M813 with single Marine 1400x20 wheels. The tires are currently about 50% tread.

Can a 1600x20 fit on these wheels without any issues?

I've heard that the Detroit lockers in the rear axles can cause issues with the transfer case? Anyone have any experience with these?

thanks,
Andy

M1075

Yes, the tires will fit, but you might experience minimal rubbing. I'm not sure about the transfer case, but you will definitely go through tires quicker with the lockers. Are you bidding on the ebay one?

emr

Tires fit no prob like said above,wont steer as tight,tires will rub, can back out the stops to keep from rubbing, not worth it in my opinion, but thats my opinion, BUT U wont be steering as tight anyway with those lockers or wont want to on a hard surface for sure, they really really bite hard,they are way cool. I have noticed that there are more in my opinion blown or worn out transfer cases on Marine trucks simply because they have lockers, drove one for awhile and can easily see why, they need to be driven for what they are, a very very specilized tactical truck, but they are worth every cent of anything needed to them in my opinion also....Randy