• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Marker light problems on Museum's M54A2C

dogtags

Steelsoldiers:

This light problem has me completely stumped. I am not used to M-series wiring, just WWII 6 volt stuff, so that could have a bit to do with it.....

When I put the light switch all the way over to the right, the following lights light up:
Headlights
Rear marker lights (taillights)
Brake lights (when I step on the pedal)
Turn signals - front and rear - left and right (when I flip the stalk in the cab)

What doesn't work at all is the front marker lights (amber lights on the fenders). I have tried changing the light bulbs, giggling the wiring, and sacrificing a small animal, all to no avail.

Any ideas why I would have all lights operational except for the front marker lights?

~Robert

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Marker light problems on Museum

Front marker lights are not on when the headlights are on.

There is a thread here on the site that details what is necessary to modify the system so that the marker lights will be on when the headlights are on.

I hope the small animal was old................ rofl

dogtags

Re: RE: Marker light problems on Museum

cranetruck said:
The front marker lights only come on when the lower left switch lever is in "Park" position....
Well I'll be. I've looked at that schematic quite a few times but always managed to over look that one little detail. Went out to the truck and put it in the park position and they lit right up. I guess I have a little learning curve ahead of me. :)

Thanks for all the prompt responses.

~Robert

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Re: RE: Marker light problems on Museum

Welcome to the site you will find so many friends here and tons of help. I used to live in Sturgeon Bay and have friends near you still. Hope to see you on the site often.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks