• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Marltrax M series vehicle importers in England

M35A2

Well, after about 3 years of not being able to get hold of Marltrax on and off, I sort of gave up hope that they were still in business. I have been trawling the for sale adds for an M35A2 to no avail. There just doesn't seem to be any for sale over here at the moment.

So yesterday, I sent them another email just in case. Today, very surprised, I got a reply, saying that they are selling M35A2's and M109A2's (the two trucks I am interested in) and parts. I have sent them another email with detailed information on what I am looking for. I will keep you posted when I here back. Five to ten years ago, they were the only place that was importing these trucks, direct from the German US government auctions. So I am hoping that they will come back with some good news and tell me they have got some direct release vehicles in excellent condition, at a price that I can afford. Then I might have finally got my hands on what I've been after for 12 years.

Out of interest, what is the weight difference between an M35A2 and a M109A2? I've driven both, and the M109 seems to be quite top heavy?

I would prefer an M109 as these are rarer in the UK. But I think the Cargo LOOKS better. Such a dilemma.

Desert Rat

The difference is about 800 pounds. The drive characteristics are definitely different. In a cross-wind the 35 handles better because you're not driving a barn door down the road. The flip side to the 109 is you can pull over almost anywhere to crash out for a bit and get rested. I converted my 35 to a 109 and I'm looking to convert it again to a 275 (I think, it's the tractor version of a Deuce). These trucks are easy to convert from one form to another. I don't know how I survived without one.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
According to TM 43-0001-31 the M35A2 w/w is 13,700# and the M109A3 w/w is 15,400#. All of the TMs and Data Plates don't necessarily agree on weights of these vehicles so its only a guess anyway.

M35A2

No reply as yet, just checked. I am very impatient for a reply. If they reply by tonight, I'm hoping to get down there tomorrow. It's a 202 mile trip there, so 404 in all.

Will keep you posted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks