• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Master break cylinder

Hi group,

I'm busting my knuckles to get that $%&%! mbc out. The TM says to remove the break line and the socket, remove the 4 bolts (that devil-third bolt was missing already ;-) ), slide the mbc through the hole in the frame backwards and tilt it downwards and remove it.
So far so good! My mbc does not go through that hole far enough because it has two protrusions right and left on the back! What gives? Do I have to loosen the whole mount where the pedals are attached to?
I've done that before once and don't remember that it was such a PITA.

Thanks,
Mark

acetomatoco

If it i s an aftermarket MC, the casting dimensions may be off a little...as one bolt was missing, it may have been replaced by Soldier #2 already at least once. Take the cap off and suck the fluid out and try turning it a little and angling it at the same time to get the bosses for the winch PTO control bracket thru the hole one at a time..

For the search engine, in case someone has the same problem one day:

My MBC has two bosses with bolts in them in each side on the rear of the unit. This setup prevented that the MBC can be slid through the hole in the frame behind it, in order to remove it, as indicated in the TM. Because the MBC was covered with dirt and grime I did not recognize the bolts. If you remove one of the bolts you can proceed like indicated in the TM. Simple solution.... sometimes things are much easier than one could imagine....

See pic of the cleaned MBC.

Cheers,
Mark

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks