• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Master cyl question

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So I bled my brakes on the m62 today. I finished the rears fine. I fired up the motor to turn the front tires so I could get better access, and noticed lots of fluid coming from the master cylinder area. It looks like its coming out of the boot that covers the rod that pushes the plunger in the master. Is this a replacable seal or is the master trashed? Is there a rebuild kit? Thanks for your input.

badgmc56

That is a dust boot that covers the rod. The fluid is coming from the plunger seals and getting past the dust boot. You can rebuild them if you have a kit but I would by new if it is available.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks