• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maybe i'm not like you...

bunkerratte

...because you all have one --> The famous deuce.

I don't have one.... :shakehead:
Not yet. But in July... Yeah, then i'm an owner too!!! :jumpin:

So i will start as soon as possible here at "steelsoldiers".

My Reo is a M35A2C (Hercules) 1d-turbo w/w but without its dropsides (stolen). And it is like new: 3.500 Miles only. Little rust and many new parts. Only some paint is needed (Picture follows).

Ahh, i forgot to tell: I live in Germany; between Stuttgart and Munich and my name is Frank.

The Reo's name will be "The Noize" because it's the "noize" why i love this truck. And here we are at the only drawback of my Reo: the 1d. I agree with a word, somebody wrote: "I payed for the turbo, i will hear it!" So from now on i will search for a 1c.
(another name of a deuce w. 1c could be "converter" --> he/she/it (don't know) converts fuel into noise [thumbzup] )

My intention is to bring "the noize" (back) to Vietnam-era-configuration. Let's see.

Ah, i've got the complete VIC 1 on ebay on saturday. I've seen the vic in some of your Reos. Looks great. :yeah:

And best of all: "steelsoldiers" is full of competent, helpfull and friedly people. I still don't have a deuce, but i already know a lot of "do" and "don't". :idea:

That's it.

cu

Frank

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wilkommen, Frank!
Congrats on winning the VIC-1 system. Glad they'll ship it to you.
So, where did you find the deuce and what does "bunkerratte" mean?
Lived in Augsburg for a while decades ago, do you live near there?

bunkerratte

Hello Bjorn,

aaah, Augsburg. [thumbzup]
I was born in Ulm and lived there for 28 years. Now my home ist 50 km away from Ulm, between Stuttgart and Ulm. Now to Augsburg it's around 130 km.

A friend of mine will sell his deuce. He bought it from DRMO, but I don't know exactly where and when. I will ask him, when i get (and pay) my deuce in July.
He said, this deuce has been overhauled for Desert Storm, but it was never used there. The Army stored it instead.

----------------------------------------

bunkerratte are two words:
"bunker" and "ratte"
bunker = concrete fortifikation/pillbox
ratte=rat (here=tunnelrat)

I'm interested in fortifikation for many many years now. First of all the french "Maginot-Line"; built from 1928-1940. That's why I say "bunker".

And when i visit a fortifikation, i have to look (and climb) in or down of every opening i will find there. Like a (tunnel-)rat.
Another version for "rat": My (now ex- :banghead: ) girlfriend named herself "Ratte" (don't know why; she really doesn't look like a rat). So i named myself "bunkerratte".
(The first version sounds better and so it's the official one) :eyes:

----------------------------------------

Frank

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks