• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mdl-DG3E

mj1angier

Hello folks,

I picked up 4
Baldor 3000 Watt Generators, Mdl-DG3E, Hatz Pull Start Diesel Engine at the GL today. I am looking to see if anyone has a link to a TM for them. I have found the manuals from both Baldor and Hatz but would like to see a TM if possible. These all have the goo clogging the tanks and lines, so that is my first hurdle to jump. What is the best stuff to clean it out with? The ones I tested today turn over when hooked to a battery and the all turn when you pull the start cord so not frozen up.

thanks for the help

Mickey

RIrvin

Mickey
I have repaired four of these units. Donb't know that I ever saw a TM. here are TMs for similar Baldor units. I used manuals (Hatz and Baldor) for operator and Hatz Shop Manual for 1B30.Smart to give the fuel system a good cleaning. Seem like good units but parts are $$$. Likely to have problem w/ instrument box (no LEDs) and possibly missing small internal spring which assists starting. Generator part is relatively simple. Watch for shorted wire lead and loose cooling fan mounting screws. T PM me if I can help with questions.

mj1angier

RIrvin,
Thanks for the reply. I have the owners manual from Hatz and Baldor on .pdf files. Did you have to buy a shop manual from Hatz or did you find it on the net? Where is the spring that can be missing at?

thanks,
Mickey

RIrvin

Bought shop manual ($35 ?) from Continental Engines in Greenville SC. Used it a lot. They were very helpful. Here is image of spring I referenced. Visible on far right near threaded rod that exits gear case. Removal of two fasteners (one is nut on the threaded rod) on side of case allows removal of cover below fuel valve ,then you can see spring where it attaches to short metal adjustment arm.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks