• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-002 voltage regulator (D.C)

Donaldjerome

I have a new voltage regulator I am going to be wiring up to an mep-002. I can see that the top two wires go to the fuse located by injector pump. That leaves three wires at the bottom. One has a red label on it, my question is does it matter which order the remaining two wires get put on ? They have no markings on them but I dont want to fry a 150.00 part either.

Thanks in advance

derf

I think that is a regulator and rectifier. If so, it will take in AC and put out regulated DC. The AC inputs will probably be the same color and will connect to the coil output (coil under fan). The red would probably then be the regulated +24V and the ground or -24V would probably be the case of the regulator rectifier. Again, I think. Let's get some verification before you go powering up your new $150 part. I have an 003 (same 24V charging system as 002) but I'm going from memory and I haven't seen mine in a while.
Edit: I'll attach a pic for clarity. In the pic I'm pretty sure the three terminals at the bottom are, L to R, +24VDC out, AC coil in, AC coil in. Anyway, you can see how the one in the pic is wired. Incidentally, that isn't a pic of mine. In the pic someone installed a different fuse and an extra green (+24V hot?) wire for something. But, it SHOULD be what you are looking for.

Attachments

Last edited:

Donaldjerome

Whoa... I looked at that pick you posted my red wire was all the way to the right IIRC. The wiring diag I have show it to be on the far right also?...

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It doesn't matter where it is located on the terminal strip. What matters is that you have the correct wires connected with the correct wires on the other side of the strip. The "red" marked wire on the regulator is the +24, so it should be connected to the +24 wire on the generator. The other 2 on the regulator are the AC from the stator, and do not matter which they are hooked to as long as they are hooked to the stator wires.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks