• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002a Bad Voltmeter ?

Racky

Well I did it again. I bought another generator. This one runs good and puts out power. The hertz gauge works but the voltmeter doesnt. I have power at the 110 outlet and 120 & 240 at the lugs. Has anybody run into this before ? As usual all help is greatly appreciated.

Jimc

Both 002's i bought had bad voltmeters. Both were the same brand, plastic faces and all rusted inside. Just replace with a new one. Newark has brand new simpson gauges for $90. Look toward the end of my 002 teardown and rebuild thread. I have a pic and part # for the gauge.

Jimc

Yeah man the heat is crazy. Too hot to do anything. I assume you have the voltage selector switch on 240v. Should be pointing at the 3:00 position.

Racky

Yes sir it is at 3:00 when I use the multimeter I get full voltage from the service outlet and at the wire lugs LO, L2, L3, 120v and 240v respectfully. I am also able to adjust voltage with the reostat on the control panel but the voltmeter still only reads 120v and fluctuates when reostat is adjusted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks