• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002a Battery Hold Down Brackets?

Chainbreaker

I am completing a project of putting my last skid based MEP-002a on a trailer and have relocated the batteries off the skid and am mounting directly to trailer. I have the lower portion of the battery box bottom bolted in place on trailer and have the necessary J hooks but I am missing the 2 top hold down brackets. I looked in the classifieds and did not see any advertised and none on the auction sites right now.

Anyone have a couple of brackets to sell? I am willing to buy the complete battery tray assembly (bottom & Tops) or just the top 2 hold down brackets. Let me know if you have any you can part with?

Chainbreaker

Would a 6tl battery hold down from a deuce work in its place?
I'm not familiar with the 6tl's dimensions. However the MEP-002a hold down bracket measures 5.4" x 10.2" (inside dimensions) and the 2 J-hook lugs are located midpoint on the longside. I would have considered using another bracket but I'm trying to maintain the same battery tray configuration on all 3 of my generators for interchangeability purposes for use with Interstate MT-51 batteries.

Chainbreaker

Never mind, I got bored and decided to fab up a couple of hold down bars from some bar stock I had on hand. I cut the stock to proper length and drilled a hole on each end, had to paint em 283 Carc green of course :) to match the bottom tray, and they just drop across the 2 J-Hooks and lay flat across the tops of the batteries and hold tight. Fortunately the Interstate MT-51 batteries are designed with recessed battery cap covers and therefore the batteries are flush all the way across the top so no interference to deal with. Easy peasey remedy!

WP_20150830_002.jpg