• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-002a gets 240 at the lugs, but control box gauge says 120.

cutters8

it gets 240 at the lugs, but control box gauge says 120. I have put a Fluke on the back of the voltage gauge in the control box, and it show 120 as well, so the gauge is good, he current percentage gauge bounces, -hertz gauge has never worked- . The convenience outlet has 120 on both plugs. And can adjust voltage output via the knob on control box.
So I’m getting the corr power to the lugs etc…. What causes the power gauge to have only 120?
thanks!

cutters8

What range do you have the meter set for? You may only be reading between one pole and neutral.
I read the L1 and L3 and get 240, I read l1 and L0 get 120, and L3 and L0 and get 120, that is all working correctly, there is only 2 terminals on the back of the voltage meter in the control cabinet, and when measured on them, it only gets 120, which is what the gauge reads. What makes the lugs and outlet give correct voltages, but the control cabinet voltage meter only get up to 120? Thanks

cutters8

Is this machine new to you, or have you seen it register correctly before... and now it isn't?
I Have had it for about 12 years, it was working fine, then about 4 years ago it started overvolting, 300-316 at the lugs 160-170 at the outlet, I bought a new voltage regulator off of here (Mr Jim I think? it has been a few years) and that did not fix it, I replaced the T1 and T2 transformers, no joy. I finally found the TM and checked the CVT1 at C1-C2 and it was wide open. So... finally found a replacement CVT1 and installed it, bingo, now i have 240 volts like it is supposed to. Everything works fine on the output, but the monitoring portion, in the main control box, I only get 120 on the voltage gage, on the front and when I put a meter on the back of it. I used an external monitor and I have correct voltage and hertz. Thanks (edit to say correct voltage at the lugs)

Last edited:

cutters8

Make sure the switch Kloppk indicates is in the 2:00 position on 1 L3-L1 L3
If this is correct, I would clean and exercise both that AM/VM switch as well as the main AC selector switch in the AC reconnect box.
Well, If I was to just say, hmm.... I sure thought I had that switch set to 1 L3-L1 L3. But no, I had it set to 5:00 position, 1 L3-L0 L3. Could have sworn I had that put right. Well, it all works now, thanks to yall. Bone head move on my part, thanks again guys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks