• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002a Injector Pump

jamawieb

I have bought several 002a's over the years and this is the first I have had a problem with the injector pump (lucky). It had a frozen plunger, I eventually got the plunger moving freely by hitting it lightly with a punch. I tried to start with no luck, so I took the injector lines off and I'm getting fuel dripping out. There is not a lot of pressure, just enough to drip out of the line. Has anyone else had this problem of little pressure coming out of the injector pump?

Busterman

I have one that may be doing what you say. I actually got it running after new filters, fuel, injectors, even a head gasket. It doesn't sound right and the minute it's under a load it dies with no hope of recovery. I have no way to test pressures but when you crack one injector you have more pressure and volume than if both are cracked simultaneously. I would think fuel flow should be the same for either or both. Furthermore if I get it running it almost runs better with one injector cracked open, ie it runs better on either cylinder by itself as opposed to both.

Jimc

your going to need to pull the pump and disassemble it. no way around it. the pumps internals need to be perfectly clean and free moving. if anything is sticky then that can cause low psi or broken parts inside.

oh we posted at the same time. this was meant to the op but will probably apply to you as well.

hurst01

I am in need of a delivery valve and spring if anyone has one. Everyone on this thread is correct by saying the pump needs to be torn down. I have been successful in cleaning several for myself and others. Now i find that I have lost my delivery valve spring, tried using another that was slightly bent and it destroyed my delivery valve. Don't ever try to use a bent spring.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks