• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002A & MEP-003A engine manual

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He posted it in "electronic format"

Isaac-1

That is not exactly the engine on the MEP-002a, the MEP-002a has a DJEM not DJEAM or DJEBM. I am not sure exactly what the differences are, but on the civilian engines of the DJB / DJE family the DJBA and DJB are similar I think the DJBA has staggered pistons and the DJB has non staggered.

Munchies

Looks roughly the same except for the packaging. This is apparently the precursor of the 2cyl HATZ APU me and jesusgatos have. They were mounted in the M88 and M992.

One thing that IS nice, is the drawings are of much better quality than the mep002/003 manuals. Obviously some isnt the same, but some is.

Last edited:

rustystud

I bought this manual. I wish I knew it was on "Liberated" before I spent $30.00 ! At least now I don't have to print it out. There are a few differences since this is a multipurpose unit. It has it's own fuel pump, the oil fill tube, other small differences, but the meat of the engine and the specs are the same. Plus the pictures are MUCH better then the other manuals.

LuckyDog

That is not exactly the engine on the MEP-002a, the MEP-002a has a DJEM not DJEAM or DJEBM. I am not sure exactly what the differences are, but on the civilian engines of the DJB / DJE family the DJBA and DJB are similar I think the DJBA has staggered pistons and the DJB has non staggered.
Almost correct.
The MEP-002A is a DJE. The DJEM was a marine motor. (Water cooled cyclinders)
The MEP-003A would have been a DJF but wasn't ever manufacturered for the civilian market.

As noted the one in the manual was used on M88 and M992 vehicles as APU. Looks like 28VDC generator was attached. The biggest difference I saw was the flywheel is on the front in the blower housing. The MEPs have the flywheel and started mounted aft in a bell housing.

Basically the same motor but different in some important aspects.

I saved a copy since I like multiple references. I also have the DJE Onan service manual. Again, very similar to the MEP-002A but some significant differences.

Attachments

Isaac-1

Lucky Dog, your dyslexia is showing, the marine water cooled model was the MDJE, which is the same water cooled engine used on the RDJE except with a radiator instead, unless it was the illusive "city water" cooled RDJE, which is really just an MDJE painted green instead of white.

Ike

p.s. the starter / flywheel position is the way the civilian units are done

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks