• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 003 condition

Buckeye Mike

MEP from GL with dry clean fuel tank, new looking air filter, new looking oil filter and reading 16 hours on meter. Do you think we are looking at a unit from a rebuild? Did not know how to get the fuel filter metal cans off to look at the fuel filters or see if they are in place. What do you think the history or recent history of this unit may be?

n1oty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Post some pics and we may be able to comment more knowledgeably. In my case, the rebuild paperwork was in the pouch along with the TM and NATO slave cable adapter. That paperwork made it a no-brainer to say with certainty that it was recently rebuilt at the depot.

John

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it was rebuild it "should" have a reset tag located on the side of the control panel above the output lugs. It would say something like "reset at XYZ" and have a couple of hours, usually 2 stamped on the tag as well from the run in/break in period.

derf

Could be fine. Could have been rebuilt and run without oil. Could be that they let the blue smoke out of the gen head. You never know. ALL of my MEP GL purchases have been either in good running condition or required only very minor fixes. The 003 runs but I haven't gotten into the power end of it, yet. ALL needed batteries. A couple needed only batteries and have clean looking oil and fuel in them when I picked them up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks