• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003 Help Please

m38inmaine

Just fired the 10k for the first time, ran it right up to 60hz, voltmeter shows 120v but I have no power at the outlets or terminals, breaker is closed. I removed the side cover under the terminals and I notice one wire has been removed from the circuit breaker next to the outlets and is taped over. Opened the front panel and nothing obvious there. Set only shows 430 hours. I just removed the set from a laundry trailer from GL so it is straight from uncle sam. Looking for ideas.

Thanks

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First off, there should be no wires taken off and taped up. However, I would not put it back on until I had done some digging and try to find out why it was taken off to begin with.

There should be a little button style circuit breaker on the front of the panel near the receptacle for the 120 volt outlets....make sure that breaker is pushed in (pulled out to trip). That receptacle comes directly off of L3 and L0, so if the breaker is pushed in you should have 120 volts at the outlet anyway.

As to the rest of it, some pictures would help out a lot.

m38inmaine

Thank you, took a chance and re attached the wire to the outlet breaker, works fine now, the tape looked almost factory applied, perhpas something to do with the laundry trailer install. My mistake on the no voltage at the terminal lugs, I had the voltmeter on DC!, all works fine now.