• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep-003 still over charging batterys

PeterD

... Will it do any damage to just eliminate the capacitor? Is the AC noise detrimental to other things on the gen?
I'd recommend not eliminating it. It is possible that the noise on the battery line might interfere with the proper operation of the regulator for example.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd recommend not eliminating it. It is possible that the noise on the battery line might interfere with the proper operation of the regulator for example.

You are talking about the DC regulator correct? The AC regulator is self excited and does not use the DC once it's running. I can see some noise interfering and possibly damaging the DC regulator.

Sarge29

OK, Good info. I know that I have a bad capacitor on the DC side. I just didn't want to eliminate something that will create problems later. Now to start the hunt locally for the cap. I priced one when I ordered a new DC stator but I just couldn't stand the thought of giving 30 bucks for it.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I posted the spec's of the capacitor earlier in this thread. You should have no problems finding a capacitor either locally or on the internet for less than $5.

coyote62ny

thanks to all for your help i think i got the problem fixed put on the new vr today ran the generator for 45 minites voltage across the batteries stayed at 28 volts thanks again dean

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks