• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-003a fuel filter help.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The big auction site. Use the search term from a few posts back in this thread. Think it was $79 plus freight when I bought it.

Sazabizc

I have heard all my life that gas and diesel gets into the pores of the metal. Recently I read an article that said that is not true. Now when you talk about residual diesel left in tank, is that a few drops of liquid or what might be in the pores? I have two 003’s . Tank one was bone dry but rusty and a sorta dry white substance . I could not wipe that white stuff off the removable fill tube, I assume it is alge. A wire brush took some of it off, but no way to get to the rest of the tank that has it. Tank two has what looks like 4 gallons of diesel, water etc in it along with the white stuff and it is like a paste, wipes off but leaves a thin coat. From what I have been able to get from the net, there are a couple of fuel treatments that will kill alge, if it is alge, when added to fuel. Tank one is getting electrolysis and red kite. Tank two tbd later. Any thoughts on the subjects?
power ans service makes a good fuel tank cleaner and A diesel fuel biocide. just bee sure to have some fuel filters on hand, it can plug the filters if it does start to remove crap out of the tank. if the tank is rusty Id let it soak in a acid solution ether white viniger or muriatic acid. once the rust is removed you will have to line it or it will start to flash rust pretty fast. I had mine lined with red-Kote.

@ light in the dark/ thats a nice, set up. Looks like the same thing green mountain genorator sells and Ive seen that on ebay to.

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pulled my fuel filters off last night. There was a very large steel flat washer in each one on just one side of the filters that came out. I do not see this in the TM Figure 19 Fuel Filter Exploded View. This is a 003a.

Guess if I have the right filters now I do not need these?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks