• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003A Recovery

steelandcanvas

OK, so I got busted. Speddmon caught my thread giving kudos to the GL Guys down at Ft. Carson, after recovering my GenSet last Tuesday. I have not started it yet, I would like to get a complete filter change kit, and flush out the fuel tank before attempting to start. One of the control knobs is cracked, the power/start/prime/etc knob. If one of you Guys has a spare, PM me . Here are the photos for you photo impaired types. I like photos as much as the next Guy. Enjoy!

Attachments

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a great looking set. I can't let you slide by without any pictures, now can I.

Let me look in the garage for a know, I might have one...no promises, but I might.

Edit: Ever the salesman...Once you get it running you'll have to invest in a good spin-on oil filter adapter kit for it :grin:

Last edited:

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice score! When I picked up my MEP-003A at Ft Jackson, I checked the oil. It also had a good bit of fuel. I put new batteries in the unit and decided to simply hit the starter and make sure the engine would turn. over To my surprise, it turned over about one revolution and started right up. Since it had good oil pressure, I let it run and checked the output, which was also good. The oil was not dirty, so it must have been recently changed.

I see that you are in Colorado, so you undoubtedly have some cold weather. Make sure you heat the glow plugs first before trying to start. Have you read the operators manual yet? I recommend it. It will take several attempts to keep it running once it starts to fire, until the oil pressure comes up. It is recommended that you don't hold the starter in the start position more than 10 seconds. These are very good units. Let me know if I can help you.

Good luck trying yours out.

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
That show is a purtty gen set.. nice haul.. If you need the knob Delks is omly 1hr from me..

I picked up another 3kw robins gen set yesterday but I think its locked up ...I have spare parts for the other 2 I have if it is locked up..

Neil

steelandcanvas

Edit: Ever the salesman...Once you get it running you'll have to invest in a good spin-on oil filter adapter kit for it :grin:
We'll talk about that when I get my "play money" account back up.

Have you read the operators manual yet? I recommend it.
Yes, I'm in the middle of it now, please don't ruin it for me and tell me how it ends.:-D I definetly want to make sure I know what I'm doing before I try and light Her off.:confused:

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I'm in the middle of it now, please don't ruin it for me and tell me how it ends.:-D
The butler did it!!

Oh crap, now I've gone and spoiled the ending for you. :shock:

When you get around to firing it up I would love to see a video of it. I just love seeing these beasts fire off after new owners have taken charge of them. It sure is satisfying to give it a whole new life.

70deuce

Here are some actual pictures of the recovery. The boxes on the front of the trailer are desert tan kitchen trailer sides. If anyone needs some, PM me. The unit towed real nice on the interstate at highway speeds. Real nice unit Steelandcanvas has recovered.

Attachments