• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 003A voltage regulator location?

Davygray

I have ordered a new voltage regulator can someone tell where the VR is located. I need to replace the one that’s on it now because it isn’t working! Currently it over charging my batteries 32 volts

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you downloaded the technical manuals for this machine? It does have a schematic of all systems in the set, including the position of this device (and a whole LOT more useful info). The DC voltage regulator is behind the shroud of the engine fan.

Davygray

Attachments

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the future you should ask around if anyone has good suppliers for things. This exact item is up on ebay right now, over 100 available, for $95 (with a make offer function). Here to help others.

The part should be called out in the exploded parts diagram for your machine. If you take the shroud off the fan, its located lower right (or if you find the fuse holder, to the right of the injection pump, its on the back side of this panel, a few inches down).

Davygray

In the future you should ask around if anyone has good suppliers for things. This exact item is up on ebay right now, over 100 available, for $95 (with a make offer function). Here to help others.

The part should be called out in the exploded parts diagram for your machine. If you take the shroud off the fan, its located lower right (or if you find the fuse holder, to the right of the injection pump, its on the back side of this panel, a few inches down).
Thanks, yep learned my lesson. Got in a hurry and paid the price!!

Davygray

I have ordered a new voltage regulator can someone tell where the VR is located. I need to replace the one that’s on it now because it isn’t working! Currently it over charging my batteries 32 volts
Thanks for all the info and advice!! I got the fan shroud off and bam there it was!! Now waiting on the new one to arrive to install! any advice, pointers?? Hopefully this will take care of the over charging issues!!

Ray70

It's a pretty straight forward swap, but you will need to cut the fuse holder wires and either resolder or butt connectors.
The wires from the stator and DC regulator go onto a terminal block, take note of their locations which are also noted in the TM.
Also, disconnect your batteries first or you will get a surprize if the 24V lead touches ground!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks