• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-004/005 Civilian Fuel Filter Conversion

Toolslinger

Not knowing the original...
It's neatish on a quick look... +1
I do like the idiot light +1
When you need that fuse, you're going to be pissed at the zip tie -1 Use a twisted wire if you're going to do that. No tools needed.
Why, or why would you hide a filter that needs to be serviced behind the fuel lines without some extra room to work? -2

Ray70

Some good ideas in play there...
For informational purposes, the spin on filter bases I make will also fit on an 004/005, without any adapter plates etc.
These machines use the same Fram housing, just a longer canister and longer filter cartridge thank the 002/003.

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Need some run time to see if its up to the job. But it is a good idea.
Ran fine under load and they didn't use the cheapest available components. They did change the wiring to where it is always on when "RUN" is on, instead of stock where it's only on while the genset is running or you have battle short on. They deleted the stock 2nd fuel pump for auxiliary fuel input.

Some good ideas in play there...
Your spin on filter mod is a great idea. I don't personally use any of the older MEP 00X series anymore, I just service and sell them otherwise I'd use this on mine. I have a stash of the old style cartridge filters on hand that is more convenient/economical for my purposes. Personally I have a Generac for the house and 2 MEP-804B for my shops...

When you need that fuse, you're going to be pissed at the zip tie -1 Use a twisted wire if you're going to do that. No tools needed.
Why, or why would you hide a filter that needs to be serviced behind the fuel lines without some extra room to work? -2
Again I did not install this, the county paid some company to create this. Personally I'm impressed because about 99% of the modifications I get on surplus equipment in general are jury-rigged and not working/ready to fail. Some thought was put into this one. With how much the MEP-004 generators vibrate a zip tie for the fuse is probably more secure and getting a wire cutter/knife isn't a big deal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks