• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-004A fuel system, won't start. Need help please.

bill glaser

I just purchased this generator and it wont start. No fuel was getting past the valve at the day tank. The float for the day tank was missing and tank dry. The guy I bought it from said it ran before he ran it out of fuel and didnt use the day tank. I took the day tank off and hooked the line off the fuel filter directly to the line that runs off the switch valve to the injector pump and removed the day tank and swit h valve. I took the line from the other filter that ran to the bottom of the day tank and ran that to the fuel tank as a return. Is this ok or do I have it backward? Do you have to use the day tank set up? I have fuel to the top of the injector pump but no fuel comes out the back of the IP to the injectors. What can be wrong? The lever on the side of the IP is wired tied like it should be. There is 24Vat theIP solenoid when cranked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bill glaser

I found I hand the fuel lines reversed. That is now fixed but still wont start. Do you have to have the day tank float plugged in and fuel light off to start?

Korgoth1

The day tank is necessary because it keeps the unit from having to be primed if you run out of fuel, also instead of bogging and "brown out" possibly harming your equipment, it cuts out all at once. The IP is designed to be gravity fed, and having the pumps feed it directly may cause issues.

If he ran it dry in battle short, you are going to have to bleed the system.

Now, as long as you hold the start switch on, the unit ignores low fuel, oil, temp etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks