• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-004A parts, where?

puddlejumper

I finally got around to looking at my second (actually first one I purchased) 004A and found that I am missing several parts. Does anyone know where I could find the Manual Speed Control assembly mine is completely missing. Also I am looking for the end connector and bulb for the air filter light?

Attachments

1800 Diesel

I have a fault indicator and matched frequency set and misc guages,2cents
I could use a battle short light assembly (red lens) & a circuit breaker light assembly (amber lens) for an MEP-004A. Also might need an AC voltage gauge. Mine seems to be stuck at about 120V--won't jump up to 240V when I switch to L1+L3...you can send me a PM if you have any of these.

Thanks,

Kevin

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you still need to paint the trailer. mine needed batts and all the filters and fluids but once I filled her up she fired right up had to buy a new voltage regulator it was fried put that in and she has voltage single phase her ready to go

1800 Diesel

I like the paint job my second unit is just plain tan, the good news is it only needed batteries and it fired right up!! I plan on keeping the 004AAS and getting rid of my 004A .
The ASK models are definitely easier on the ears than the standard MEP-004A models...kinda bulky/ugly but the sound enclosure helps quite a bit... :)

1800 Diesel

$30 plus shipping, I don't know about packing and it fitting in the small flat rate box though, I would want to pad it well for shipping,
part number on front is 633-16752 0-500 volts with red lines on 120/208/240/420
Is that message for me? Can you send a PM? Moderator will be calling this a classified post....

Thanks,

Kevin

puddlejumper

Mine is going to be located in my shop. That way I don't have to screw around with worrying about fuel gelling in the winter months. I will plumb the exhaust outside and the ASK keeps the noise low in the shop as well. As a back up generator it is ideal for my house and shop.

PeterD

Mine is going to be located in my shop. That way I don't have to screw around with worrying about fuel gelling in the winter months. I will plumb the exhaust outside and the ASK keeps the noise low in the shop as well. As a back up generator it is ideal for my house and shop.
As an added bonus: it will heat your shop when running under load!

1800 Diesel

As an added bonus: it will heat your shop when running under load!
Down here in hurricane country, that won't be a good thing since we're usually trying to keep our shops cool. But up in the snow country, I like that idea! :)

Started working on a CAD layout last night for a shed project to be built near the house that will house an MEP-004A & an MEP-003A and also (in an area separated by an insulated wall), a 300 gal fuel tank. The way our power goes out in this area (on the co-op) I told my wife that everytime a storm approaches I would switch over to the generator until the storm passes through. At least we won't be having to reset all the clocks in the house & the gensets will get an exercise on a regular basis....