• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-005A Hookup question

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Speddmon, I was following your input on the MEP-003a hookup and have a question about the 005a.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/auxillary-equipment/40290-mep-003a-hook-up-question-4.html

Looking at the wiring diagram for the 005a, the L0 terminal is grounded to the chassis. Am I seeing that right?

If I am hooking up the unit as a non-SDS and do not have the grounded condutor switched, should I disconnect the neutral from the chassis ground? Happen to know where that connection is located.

Thanks,

Warthog

P.S. I fixed the issue with the field exciter. The Voltage regulator box was barely attached with one bolt and the surface very rusty. I checked all the componates and they where good. After a good cleaning and more bolts it worked fine. I will update my other post.

Attachments

Last edited:

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Warthog,

Glad to hear that you for it running good again.

On to your question, yes, from looking at the print you showed, the L0 is tied to the frame. Where that connection is, I have no idea. Since you are talking about hooking up a non-SDS system, you will need to find it and isolate it. The best place to start looking would be at the connection board on the output of the generator....follow L0 back to where it ties to the frame, that will probably be the only connection. Once you have it isolated, you can use a multimeter to check continuity between L0 and the frame somewhere, if it is truely isolated, there should be no continuity. Anything else, feel free to ask, sorry I couldn't be more specific about the answer for you, but I have never seen one of these up close and personal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks