• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-005a

turbo15479

Do the sets maufactured in 1976 have the same engine and generator as the sets manufactured in the mid 80's. Is there any year that had problems and is a good idea to stay away from? Thanks, Bruce

1800 Diesel

Bruce,

I have a few MEP-004As on hand and two of them have 1976 build dates on the data plate. The rest of them all have dates in the 1986 or later range. From outward appearances all models have the same Hercules engine. I can't speak to internal differences in the engine components but externally they appear identical. Of course the MEP-005A model has the 6-cylinder Hercules engine & the MEP-004A model has the 4-cylinder version.

Kevin

PeterD

I doubt there are any significant quality differences between various years. The whole idea of specifications is to avoid variance between units. As mentioned above the engine is identical and has been in service a billion years in various configurations.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks