• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-006A w/M200a1 heighth??

wsucougarx

Hey guys got a quick question. How tall is the MEP-006A mounted on a M200A1 w/standard 9.00x20's? Trying to figure out a home for this unit. Thinking the garage may be an option. If too tall, airing down the tires may be needed. I checked GL's current auctions for dimensions and came up with the following:

Length.....Width.....Height

162".........93"..........80"
162".........93"..........85"
162".........93"..........98"

Hmm which one is correct? Is this unit taller than a MEP-005A?
Please advise

Isaac-1

I am not certain, but I think the MEP-006a had multiple revisions of the housing it was mounted in over the years, this might explain some of the variations in height measurement.

wsucougarx

LOL, I am running out of room. I could put this thing in the backyard but I want to have quick access to her if I need it. As it is, if I put it in the backyard I'd have to move 4 deuces out into the street...not really an option. I just did a little research and came to the conclusion that I'll be OK. Turns out a MEP-006A mounted on a M200A1 trailer is know as a PU-650B/G. Looking at a page out of TM 5-6115-648-14&P. It states the following dimensions:
Overall Length Overall.................. 166 3/8 inches (423.6 centimeters)
Width Overall................................ 95 1/2 inches (242.6 centimeters)
Height Net.................................... 85 inches (216 centimeters)
Weight (empty)..............................4400 lb. (199.57 Kg.)
Net Weight (filled)......................... T.B.S.
Shipping Weight............................ 7800 lb. (353.8 Kg.)
Cubage..........................................836.76 cubic feet (23.6 cubic meters

My garage door opening is 83 inches:neutral: Looks like I'll be airing some tires down8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks