• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep 006a

Denny

just wanting to get some opinion about the mep006a generator I just bought one for 2900.00. i am trying to decide weather to keep it or not . can you tell me are parts available thanks

Denny

I am new to this hope this works I plan to use this for home back and small shop wit some 3 phase wood working equipment . just not quit sure how to mix the to

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You can run 3 phase equipment and tap off the 2x 120 volt legs for single phase use. Unless you plan on using at least 40kw worth of 3 phase power on a regular basis then the generator is just too big. They need to be run at capacity and it will just damage the gen using it for small loads all the time. Sell it and get a MEP803a 10kw. You can set it for single phase house use and then switch it to 120/208 3 phase to run shop equipment when needed.
Will

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have a pair of big industrial 3 phase heaters they are supposed to be 15kw draw each. The two of them running together show around 30% draw on a mep006a. Unless you have a lot of equipment to run or a 3-phase load bank its hard to load them up.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
No. It's also of power for single phase use. Unless you plan on powering your entire block. The 10kw gen is plenty of power for most uses.

Guyfang

Staff member
I agree with everything Suprman has said. Too much gen set.

There was an add on load bank kit for this gen set. A kazillion of them were produced. I am sure there are still some out there someplace. Take the time to download the manuals from SS, and check it out. IF you can find one, if it is in working order, you could use it. But your fuel consumption will be, HIGH.

Its simply better to get a smaller gen set. Sit down, and figure out what you really need. You can get a clamp AMP meter, and hook it up. Turn on EVERYTHING in the house, and if the shop is wired to the same power source, turn EVERYTHING on there also. Then you have an idea what is the max load. That way you can figure what size gen set you need. Unless you are a real power hog, I can not imagine you needing, at most, more than 15 KW. But then I have no idea what's in your shop.

Sell it to some one who has a saw mill. They can use it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks