• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016 family?

Isaac-1

I was just wondering has anyone ever seen a bad generator end on a MEP-016 series generator? (not counting the voltage regulator which can easily be replaced by a cheap SX-460 clone)

Thanks Ike

ETN550

Never. Not even a bad diode or an end bearing. I once had an 016B gen apart and laid out next to a 3kw pow'r gard gen end taken apart. The difference in the overall size, gage of wire, weight is more than 2:1. The rotor difference is probably 3:1. The separate exciter rotor section on the 016B is a first class example of no compromise.

Same with the Onan Q106D engine. Very trouble free internally. Never had one that used any oil or smoked blue.

Now that I have an Onan DJA I can honestly say that the Q106D is absolutely the next evolution of the Onan DJ. The changes are all improvements in reliability, serviceability, and technology! Yet the Q106D looks distinctly similar to its ancestors!

derf

I have now. I loaned my 016D out and it came back dead. I get about 0.6 Ohms between T1-T4, T1-T3, T1-T6, T3-T6, T4-T6.
BUT, I did modify the wiring and used 2 of the 3 circuit breaker sections, one of which may have been rated 35A. Also, the knucklehead I loaned it to let it run out of fuel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks