• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016B fuel transfer pump issue

JOBRLA

Morning all, newbee here. I picked up a 2008 MEP-016B unit with only 2.7 hours on it. Flushed every thing and added new oil and fuel. I was unable to prime manually , had no resistance at all. Removed the pump and disassembled. There were no sign of gunck or sludge. Diaphragm in good shape. With pump off, I can make the manual prime work. Re-installed and tried manual prime again. There was resistance on first pump the went back the way it was. Backed off the 3 bolts just a quarter of a turn and I heard the diaphragm pop up. Tried manual prime and works. Tighten bolts down and does not. Removed pump and placed finger on cam rod and turned over. Rod extending properly. Re-installed and same thing. Pump only will manually prime with bolts backed off. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance

Guyfang

Staff member
Are you sure its the right pump? If it has a part number, check it against the TM. Also, are you sure its installed properly?

JOBRLA

Yes sir, proper pump, still had all of the Marine tan paint on all of it, had never been removed. The pump base is a oblong triangle. Can only go on one way

JOBRLA

Yes sir, installed new gasket. It's a fairly simple pump, not much too it. Thinking about adding another gasket for clearance. I know the unit wasn't designed to be assembled that way. But no other choice. I'm right next to one of the biggest Army bases in the US, Fort Bliss. Think I might go to the motor pool and ask around. If you might think of something, please give a shout. Thank you so much.

Guyfang

Staff member
Ah.
As Paul Harvey would say, "The rest of the story".

So, get into the -24P. Find the part number and NSN. Plug them into Epay and then in other places that might sell such things. When you have found the numbers, post them also. Someone will take a look see also, to cover other places to find it. THEN, open up a Parts wanted thread, tell your story shortly, and then list the type gen set, part #, NSN of what you want. Maybe someone here in the forum has one to sell.

If you need help finding the numbers, say something. Someone will help.

Guyfang

Staff member
Its possible. We did it several times, when we needed the gene set, and suppl could not give us a part. We just left the pump mounted and added a few longer hoses and an E-Pump.