• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 016B Generator No Power?

Mark Harley

I have a MEP 016B Generator that is not putting out any power. Ive tried to flash the field by using three light bulbs and a drill and I hear u can use two 1.5 batteries by putting the positive wire on number 20 terminal and the negative on the 21 terminal of the voltage regulator. Can't seem to figure out where the 21 and the 22 terminals are. Does anyone have any suggestions. I got the three light bulbs to light but very dim.

Please advise

Mark Harley

MEP 701A No Power Output

No power to main breaker. All leads coming out of the generator, they all have polarity. All other connections that I can think to check all have polarity also. Im trying to energiize but I can't seem to find the F1 and the F2 terminals to energize with a 9 volt battery. If anyone can explain where these two terminals are, please respond Ive tried everything I can think of.

Mark Harley

It is a MEP 701A I've checked all connections.I have no power coming out of the generator unit itself. Just wondering if there's actually something inside there that could go bad for only having 11 hours on it. It worked fine the last time I used it a month ago. And just started it up recently to find that it had no power output . any suggestions from anybody would be greatly appreciated.

Mark Harley

Looked on voltage regulator. Not sure which terminals are 20 and 21. There's only 16 terminals on there. Took generator unit apart. Found nothing obvious..wrong. Reassembled and still no power output Have nothing else to check that I can think. Any help would be much appreciated.

Guyfang

Staff member
Terminal 20, (F1) and 21, (F2) should be the two left hand terminals, on the volt reg TB, (terminal board). The terminals are marked, but due to how the volt reg is mounted, the markings are hard to be seen. Should be a red and silver, or black strip with the terminal markings. You should also check to see if its hooked up right. There are a few jumpers that have to be in the right place on the TB. This volt regulator is used on a number of different gen sets, and the terminals need to be set differently for each type of gen set.

Fire up the set and have someone measure at the same time, F1 and F2 for DC voltage. Should get 24 volts there. If not, then try and excitate it there with a couple of flashlight batteries.

Do you have the manuals for this gen set down loaded?

Mark Harley

Replaced voltage regulator with Chinese replacement voltage regulator with same results. No Difference. Still no power output on generator unit. Tried two flashlight batteries to excite the field. No results from doing that either. Going to put old voltage regulator back on and try to see what else is the problem. Getting no power out of generator on any terminals. Tried all different ways to excite the field with no results.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks