• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-016b

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked and looked for a airfilter for this getset. I finally gave up and decided to modify the filter can. The WIX#546257 is the best fit for the original. I had to remove the outer centering ring in the filter housing to make it work. I also made a centering plug for the cap end of the filter.
I'm also looking for a oil cooler and a throttle cable. Anyone have a lead on these parts? Thanks,

Isaac-1

On the oil cooler, check ebay for a Hayden oil cooler, I am not sure if its a match, but it is listed as Onan NOS part, looks like the drawing in the MEP 016B tech manual. If you buy one and it is a match let me know, I may need one for my MEP016B I have a fine mist of oil coming out of my blower not sure where the leak is yet though

Ike

p.s. the part number is a match

Last edited:

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, guys. Yea the saturn cable is different. And i'll run through ebay. That's the same problem i'm having. The cooler had rubbed from vibration and a fine mist is blowing through the cooling air. After a dissembly and good pressure washing i found it comming from the back side of the cooler.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked up the guy on ebay and that cooler is a dead on replacement. It has the same part number as the one on my unit. I got some other goodies from him as well. And i got a email from him this morning with the original air filters for this unit. He has plenty of mil parts.
He was very helpful and polite. It was a pleasure doing business with him.

mangus580

Ken what part of your throttle cable is bad? I have one that the plastic handle is busted on. Heck, I still have the whole engine we talked about a while back... if you are still interested PM me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks