• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 017A Failure to stop

CUCV_Fan

Afternoon folks -

recently picked up a new Genset Mep 017A and a parts set for 300.00. One was told that worked. I got to mess with it finally last weekend what a mess seems someone took out the transducer and hertz meter so i had to rewire all of that in from the parts genny. glad it was all there anyway i fired it up and got it to run speed didnt let it idle many thanks to this forum for those words of wisdom!! and it worked!!! went to shut it down.. well that didnt go so well

stop switch fail
emergency stop - fail

had to cut the fuel off in order to get the system to shutdown. so my question is anyone ever have this issue? I did a search on here but did not see anything maybe i didnt look good enough. any help would be very much appreciated.

Also some of you might remember a thread where i was working on a MEP 003a I have to be honest i gave up on it the more i looked the more it needed it would make a good parts machine i believe and it has a brand new throttle cable on it so im looking to get 400.00 for it PM me if your interested the price is flexable to some degree if i dont sell this week its going to scrap. so if you are near central new york let me know and we can work something out.

thanks for your time and help and patience

Bill

CUCV_Fan

I will check that out - thanks for the quick response - I was also thinking maybe the switch is bad too. Is there any issues with cutting the fuel off while i troubleshoot this for now?

I wouldnt think so but just wanted to be sure.

thanks again -

Bill

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks