• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-017A Generator Emergency RUN.

M114

My MEP-017A ran great until last week. Now, in order to start and keep it running, I must put the "Emergency Run - Stop Switch" in EMERGENCY RUN position.
Why? What is wrong?
Thank you,
Pat

Triple Jim

I imagine the Emergency Run position bypasses all the safety shutoffs like low oil pressure, over temperature, etc.. You should probably start by checking those sensors and see if you find one of them or its wiring in the shutoff mode.

leedawg

Id have to agree with Triple Jim. And id suggest you not run it this way because its very possible that its not running for a reason because one of those sensors might indeed be telling you that a problem needs to be addressed. Most likely one of them just failed but its possible there is an actual problem with the set and your just overriding the safeties and it might cause more damage to the set by allowing it to keep running.

Id start by tracking down all the fault sensors and testing them to make sure they work fine. Then move on from there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks