• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 3 Starter Style 1 & Style II

panic_button

I currently have a style I starter on my MEP 3, and I think it's going out. Will a style II work? Nothing in the TO states interchange, only how to repair and test.

Thanks-

mistaken1

On the MEP-002A the style 1 and style 2 starters interchange.

Since both the MEP-003a and MEP-002A use the same starter I am going to say they interchange on the MEP-003A as well.

There are a number of parts in common:

Table D-6. Parts Commonality ((5KW, 60HZ (MEP-002A), 10KW, 60HZ (MEP-003A). 10KW, 400HZ (MEP-1 12A) DOD STD Diesel Engine Driven Sets)).

Table D-6. Parts Commonality ((5KW, 60HZ (MEP-002A), 10KW, 60HZ (MEP-003A). 10KW, 400HZ (MEP-1 12A) DOD STD Diesel Engine Driven Sets)). (cont)

TM S-6115-584-12
Page 4-28 Change 10

NOTE
Support bracket and associated hardware
must remain with engine at all
times! It provides support for Style I
Starters that may be used to replace
Style II Starters during Operator and
Organizational maintenance. The
support bracket and associated hardware
is supplied on all engines
manufactured with either the Style I or
Style II Starters.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks