• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802A 5K Gens

phisherman

I am going to go ahead and start this post so that the ones that read this will be able to find it in coming days. So here goes. I am a contractor at Ft Bragg. I am a generator tech. I will be posting ten 5k gens with service dates, hrs and serial numbers for those that wish to look for them on the action site. I can personally tell you that all these gens were reset/serviced to FMC, I personally worked on them. If the documents are not removed once at the site, letterkeeny documents will be found in the documents box on these gens. As long as nothing happens to them at the auction location they should be turn key ready and the only items these gens will need will be oil, anti freeze, fuel and batteries. They all have been run and load tested. So get ready guys and good luck.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am going to go ahead and start this post so that the ones that read this will be able to find it in coming days. So here goes. I am a contractor at Ft Bragg. I am a generator tech. I will be posting ten 5k gens with service dates, hrs and serial numbers for those that wish to look for them on the action site. I can personally tell you that all these gens were reset/serviced to FMC, I personally worked on them. If the documents are not removed once at the site, letterkeeny documents will be found in the documents box on these gens. As long as nothing happens to them at the auction location they should be turn key ready and the only items these gens will need will be oil, anti freeze, fuel and batteries. They all have been run and load tested. So get ready guys and good luck.
You mat want to check with a moderator before posting any info related to a upcoming auction the rules are pretty clear.
Auction Postings:
Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• Do NOT post about future or current GL/GP(GovPlanet)/GSA/eBay (including items for sale in buy-it-now formats)/local/city/state/Federal/estate auctions. You may post about any auction after the auction is closed.
• Do not post links to auction photos.
• Do not post links to GL/GP(GovPlanet)/GSA(or other sites)that have links that quit working after a short period of time. Save the image to your PC and then attach it to your post.
• Do NOT post links to current eBay auctions or Craig's List ads that are not your own. You may post a link to your own auction/ad only if it is in an information/discussion thread about your vehicle/item. Do not start a post in the Conversations forum or your vehicle specific forum just to announce your auction/ad.
• No collusion as specified above.

Last edited:

phisherman

I am not linking to auctions, I am not linking to anything that I would consider that is breaking the rules, in my opinion. I could be wrong. Just putting information out regarding 10 gens,that is all. If it is a violation,mods I am sure will kill this thread. Wasn't trying to do harm.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think if you post information about equipment and not relate it to an auction it should be OK.

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would be nice information to know, however it is going to drive price up, be an interesting experiment. Will cost offset buying known good machines? Will the big boys with deep pockets swoop in? I will be watching, no interest in buying, shipping being the limiting factor. Few other thoughts come to mind but want to see how this evolves

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not linking to auctions, I am not linking to anything that I would consider that is breaking the rules, in my opinion. I could be wrong. Just putting information out regarding 10 gens,that is all. If it is a violation,mods I am sure will kill this thread. Wasn't trying to do harm.
Whish you could head up to Ft Drum to service what they have, I would love you to repost for us northerners.

phisherman

1. S/N fz06334 hrs 420 service date 9-13-16
2. rzb01772 hrs 188 9-19-16
3. fz01996 hrs 390 11-10-16
4. fz03985 hrs 552 10-26-16
5. fzb03258 hrs 311 9-20-16
6. fz01228 hrs 424 10-15-16
7. rzb02295 hrs 452 8-31-16

Firebrand

Nice scores! Please post a link to your sale thread when you have a chance. While I just acquired a -803A recently, I may be interested in a -802A to run my rope tow and snow making gear out in a field. Thanks!

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The sad thing is with GSA auctions anyway, in particular forestry service auctions, that the equipment may sit exposed to elements for years before GSA gets around and auctions them off. The thing I most interested in watching how long before these actually come up on block. At the sites (GL) I have visited there are acres of gen sets that are awaiting their turn. All the time going downhill. I understand they could not flood the market without driving price down. But letting equipment going downhill the whole time is just wrong.

Last edited:

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
You could also think about it another way too.

You have the inside scoop about some generators that have been serviced and are good to go. The rest of the public which might not be members here did not know that. :naner:

dav5

I agree 100% with Daybreak. I thought the whole point of belonging to a forum was to share info and help each other out. I just don't understand the mindset that wants to restrict the free flow of information to members.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks