• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802A Injector Pump Leak

Crabbie

I have a leak at one of the fuel injectors (not the pump), the lister parts diagram shows a washer which I assume needs replaced Does anyone have experience with these? Anything special to be aware of if i remove the one leaking injectors to replace the washer if that is the problem? Thanks.

Last edited:

rustystud

Are you talking about the copper washer at the end of the injector ? If it is, that is a real easy fix. Just remove the injector and pry out the old washer. You might need a little hock type of pick to get in there. Once the old washer is out, then you can install the injector with the new washer on it. I would also clean out the bore with a round bristle brush and some cleaner (BrakeKleen or something along those lines) . You might be able to pick up an injector bore brush at the parts store also.

Ratch

Anyone have an idea what this washer interchanges with? I need 4 of them, and they're listing for $9 each when I search the TM part number. That's ludicrous for a copper washer...
Is it maybe the same as a 1992 6.2 GM or something I can tell a parts guy in a retail place?

Part number is 186-6173

By the way, heating them to cherry red doesn't work.

MtnSnow

With some digging in the NSN number should be able to come up with the spec's and then should be easy to find the "cheap" replacements or pull out your micrometer and measure what you have to get you close...

rustystud

I know... Am I the only one that thinks $7 (plus shipping) is nuts for a 20 cent washer?
I have plenty of poor people that can take it if I decide to start giving money away... :)

Amazon has copper 110 washers for $10...so it's actually a $.0901 washer... I just don't know if the right size is in that grab bag...

http://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Duty-Co..._sim_hi_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0S5354HBSEJ9HAJY4KCD
Actually it is NOT copper, but a copper alloy more along the lines of Bronze to handle the high heat.

Ratch

Well that complicates it... It can't be that better at handling heat, though. I tried annealing it with the same torch I use for copper plumbing, and melted two of them...