• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802A running on Bio-Diesel

BadRobot

Does anyone run MEP-802A on bio-diesel? Is it feasible? What will be the side effects to the engine?

I live in a farm. I can pick up used oil from McDonald nearby and make my own bio-diesel.

Triple Jim

I'm not speaking from personal experience, but it's my understanding that if you make real biodiesel from vegetable oil, it is compatible with any diesel engine. The only difference is that it has a problem at very cold temperatures. It's straight vegetable oil that isn't tolerated by all diesel engines.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
If you are running you mep-802a daily and putting hours on it, then it might make sense. Once the temp goes down below 32, you would be better off with real diesel fuel. The glaze point of bio which your talking about is fine when its warm out. The winter kit uses fuel to keep the unit warm ready to run in artic conditions. I would say with the pre-heat, and diesel, and being in Maryland, you will be fine without the artic kit.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone run MEP-802A on bio-diesel? Is it feasible? What will be the side effects to the engine?

I live in a farm. I can pick up used oil from McDonald nearby and make my own bio-diesel.
Keep an eye on the rubber bits especially if you run home made bio. It usually has higher levels of residual methanol. That stuff can be hard on rubber.

jimbo913

Are you already making bio or just thinking of making it? Most people who start realize its too messy or too much work and with off road Diesel at $2.00 a gallon its probably better/easier to just stock pile.

I have ran mixed in my non military generator but I replaced the fuel line with bio compatible hose.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks