• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 802a starting issue

dkozma

Hi Folks,
Could use some input. 802a with 42 hours reading. I believe it to be true. New batteries, new filters.
First crank shows return fuel line leaking. Replaced lines. Bled system up to pumps. Have fuel returning back to
tank. Cranks but still no start. S1 works. Fuses checked. Oil pressure good while cranking. Wondering if I am missing something to check before I pull injectors. These units are new to me. Thanks for any help.

Guyfang

Staff member
Like Mike says, have you ever seen it run?

Do you have the TM downloaded from the forum? Have you read them a bit? Have you read the Troubleshooting section, "Cranks, but will not start"? Does the L1 Fuel Cutoff solinoind move at all when you engage S1? How do you know S1 is good?

dkozma

Hi Guyfang,
I read your posts often. Solinoid moves. Am assuming S1 is in working order as it kills everything when pushed in and all appears to
function when pulled out.

dkozma

Picked up two units of similiar age and hours. Both pretty clean. Unit one started right up after basic prep (filters and fluids).
Unit two cranks fine, but exhaust output seems very clean ( no fuel smell ). That's what is making me wonder.Even though fuel
return line is flowing, can that mean that fuel is not getting to injectors?

dkozma

OK. I am going to bleed again. Maybe I didn"t do a proper job of it. I'll let you know what I find. Thank's everybody. Excellent being able to
ask and learn on this forum.

jamawieb

If that doesn't work, take the injector lines off both pumps and try cranking, to see if you have fuel spraying out. If no fuel is present, the plungers are stuck and you will have to take the top off the pumps and spray them with cleaner to dislodge them.

Bmxenbrett

Its best to crack the fuel line at the injector, at the top of the head. Doing it this way keeps the hard line full of fuel. If your getting a good amount of pressurized fuel at the injector and its still not fireing its most likely the injector. Also make sure you have enough fuel in the tank.

Guyfang

Staff member
Hi Guyfang,
I read your posts often. Solinoid moves. Am assuming S1 is in working order as it kills everything when pushed in and all appears to
function when pulled out.
S1 is the start switch. You are referring to the emergency off switch, S17 (if I remember right). An easy way to learn what everything is called, is to open the control panel door and look next to the component. There should be something printed there, like S1, or M4, you get the idea.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks