• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-803a coolant flush

chilbun28

Hi everyone and happy new year. I bought a 803 with no fluids and filters. I removed the radiator bottom drain valve and flushed the radiator blowing out some residual dirty coolant. I notice the drain valve doesn't have an o-ring or a gasket of any type on it to create a seal. I reinstalled it, got everything filled and have ran the generator maybe an hour. It doesn't appear to be leaking. Does anyone know if the drain valve is supposed to have a gasket or o-ring or is it just bare a threaded connection? Thanks

Ray70

Agreed... It's an NPT tapered pipe thread, a little thread sealer and screw it in.
But if you put it in dry and it's not leaking, don't bother removing it to add thread sealer.
The soft brass will usually seal itself pretty well, as you noticed!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks