• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-803a coolant water coming out of drain hose while running

chilbun28

Apparently I'm loosing coolant from the drain hose while the generator is running. I'm pretty sure the low point radiator pet cock is not leaking by. What would cause coolant to flow out of the hose while running? Also, the over flow tank, the coolant level sometimes rises and falls while the motor is running, is this normal? I have filled the radiator, ran the engine, and flushed out the water 5 times due to the coolant looking really dirty. While flushing the coolant is when I found the issues.

Attachments

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The petcock valve was open. Didn't realize it had one, I should have caught that. I really hope I didn't jack anything up while I was running it with it open.
You should be fine as long as you had coolant in it...I flushed mine using that, opened it some with a funnel on the radiator to keep it full...works good.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it didnt shut down from coolant overtemp or was smoking and making noise, you should be fine. The drain valves on these don't drain out all that quickly. Just make sure you top the system off till it wont take any more, then run for a bit, and top off again. The blocks can sometimes be air bound on these, not the best laid out system. You should be fine though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks